Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Earth is Training for Reigning

Genesis 1:26

Then God said " Let us make man in our image, and let them RULE over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth and over all the creatures that move along the ground."


God made man AFTER everything else so that he could let us RULE it. That's also why He made us in His image, so that we can share his dominion and rulership of this world. In that case, in everything we do, we can actually proclaim your rulership over it through Christ Jesus because in Him we live and have our being.

Wow, that just blew me away. Me sharing the rulership with JC. I've got the Power! (Look up acts 1:8 :D )

Anwys here's 10 things a true leader should strive to be (Got it from DNA and Ps. Russell ) :
a) Has Revelation
b) Rule and Reign over Conditions
c) Understands who he is in Christ
d) Always develops himself
e) Led by the right thing
f) Doesn't need a title to start leading
g) Serve's thos who are leading
h) Has an understanding of Godly authourity
i) Speaks the 'Leader' Language
j) People of Faith and Innocence

Would like to comment on:

Understands who he is in Christ
I've been struggling with this bit for awhile. I do think i've made progress in the sense that i start to care less about what others think of me, and what i do and stuff. Now i think the problem is that, at certain parts of the journey, i may have to walk it alone. I guess i'm guilty of becoming comfortable, comfortable in my own group of friends that i'm afraid to step out on my own anymore. Understanding who I am in Christ will enable me to only depend on one person: CHRIST!

Doesn't need a title to start leading
I think i've sorta got this concept. But i'm fearful, once again coz i think i come from a home church where title and status is everything, and usually people who are deemed worthy of sucha title will do more things then others who are juz normal. I need to break this lie that you need titles to do certain things. If i have the burden, i'm gonna do it, whether im 'titled' or not.

Speaks the 'Leader' Language
Don't get me wrong, leaders don't have an exclsive language or something. What this means is that as leaders, we need to be CONSTRUCTIVE, ENCOURAGING and BUILDING or anyhting that would bring increase into someone else's life. When's the last time i said something encouraging, or constructive. i know when i've been mean tho....too often actually!

Well that's what i learnt at DNA today. I like the phrase Russell used...Earth is Training for Reigning, and truly we need to reign over our circumstances to see his Kingdom be established.

In other news....

ME and MY Kettle and MY Cuppa!

Talk about El-Cheapo! I brought my kettle to uni so i can make my own coffee. He he. Got a few stares when i carried my kettle to the toilet to get water, but i DON'T CARE! i mean when i got my hot cuppa coffee i was so ba-ha-gia! Pegs also had her coffee, altho she's not supposed to! Hmph naughty girl. And Hau Wei had Chai Tea (Jerica if you ever read this....It's your tea!!) which he got from coffee HQ. was quite good actually. later Li used the cup to make instant soup. was a bit weird seeing her eat soup out of a coffee cup.

Daniel dropped by and dropped some food (which i told him Li wanted, which was true, but it was good for me in any case). Andrew went and got his dinner and sat and makan there. Walau library becoming like kopitiam. After this we will be wanting to bring a portable stove and cook in there also hehe.

Fifie has PICK IT UP!!! Argh i wished i lived in Botswana or somewhere far far away..... But you deserve it girl!

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:44:00 AM , Blogger p_ewe said...

hahha! yeah i learnt my lesson! after that coffee i had to go lausai *grin*

 
At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:05:00 AM , Blogger Hau Wei said...

ewwwweeee...don't have to tell us that lah! we all know!

such a privilege to share with the other 10 people on earth who has the cd! fifieee!!! it's her pure wit that got the cd. must've impressed russell! :) it's VERY good stuff!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home