Sunday, May 14, 2006

HEart that LOOKS always OUTwards

yes i'm going to use that word that christians find hard to say and live up to.... and most of the time fail to take seriously...

evangelism
Function: noun
1 : the winning or revival of personal commitments to Christ
2 : militant or crusading zeal


Even to me it's a concept i haven't actually really worked on till now. Having taken up the role of Outreach Officer last year, i did tell myself that i wouldn't do it BECAUSE I have the post, but because it came from a heart that really LOVED and went out to the lost. having read what the mirriam-webster dictionary says about evangelism, anyone would think the first definition would be the typical definition for the word. but the second one, the second one's a lot more interesting. the militant or crusading zeal when doing something. this hit's me hard coz He's beeen constantly reminding of spiritual warfare when were out in the battlefield of life, and how the evil one tries to make us retreat in out fight for the lost. Can someone pass me my armour pls? :)

SO twas a cold Saturday morning when about 25 of OCF Clayton's members braced the winds and sleepiness a usual Saturday morning offers to come and learn more about how we can be effective evangelists. to my surprise we were the largest group there!! Really proud of you guys for being hungry and passionate to learn! Keep it up! Well the speaker Bro Micheal really gave us some insight on how it SHOULD be done, and what different types of people we might be dealing with when we do it. Was really blessed today!

*couldn't concentrate during the workshop, God kept nagging. My heart was heavy all through the session. in the middle of it i closed my eyes and just worshipped and prayed. the burden was so heavy, so so heavy. you can't sit still and juz try and wish it away coz it nags. nags. and it won't stop till you do something about it. still don't know what it was about. but im relieved i wasn't the only one who felt that way. he told me he felt the same thing

"burden was so heavy i couldn't breathe."

will continue to pray. God's got my attention. During the meeting God pointed me so clearly to James 1:3 "Consider it pure joy my brothers whenever you face trials of many kinds." i wonder what he's trying to say...*

Lastly i would like to honour another person in my life. She's been oh so dear to me, especially in the last few months...she looks something like this hehe

Li and I watching some movie at Josh's

Quek Hui Li, you have been an AWESOME friend to me and i thank God so much for being able to go through Uni life with you here in Clayton. Who knows if you EVER read this post, but I wuld like you to know that you're SPECIAL, and that you're a great woman of God, so great that you've got all the boys chasing after you ehhehe :). Continue to shine for Him and love Him with all your heart and strength. And maybe lately you think I've been pre-occupied with other people, like the "t-shirt gang" you proclaim us to be, please believe me that you'll always be special to me and whatever it is we Klang ppl stick together eh? hehe. love ya to bits!! *hugs*

4 Comments:

At Sunday, May 14, 2006 2:58:00 AM , Blogger p_ewe said...

HEY!!!! why dont' i get a hug? SOBS

then again.. i get to be in ur t-shirt gang! muahahha

 
At Sunday, May 14, 2006 11:05:00 PM , Blogger -jonboy- said...

*hugsss*

 
At Monday, May 15, 2006 1:15:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

eyes got tears
O_o
love u bear!

 
At Tuesday, May 16, 2006 11:58:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome dude

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home