Friday, September 01, 2006

Doing it alone

I just realized something today.... I need to get used to doing things alone again...

It's not that i'm trying to be anti-social, or i hate my friends or something.

I LOVE MY FRIENDS!!

They are one of the best things that ever happened to me. They make me who I am today. I wouldn't trade em for the world... but you see there are times when i'm definitely gonna be alone. It's just life, friends can't be around you 24/7, and friends come and go like seasons sometimes. You can't do anything to change that, it just is.

Recently, i've found that if i don't have someone doing stuff with me, i get discouraged too quickly. Maybe it's because i got comfortable when i had people who i was close with around me. it does give u a sense of security, and it sort of validates everything u do coz someone else is doing it alongside you. It's a pity it took me ages to find that out....and the things that i had to go through to realize - sad.

Why sad you say? Coz it wasted LOADS of time i could have used to do something useful. I'm a little ticked off that I was sitting around waiting for someone to join me when i do things. I regret following the crowd, and dreaming of things but never doing anything. I realize that once a promise is given, He will bring it to pass, thats not an issue - the issue is ourselves!

Now to honor someone who DID do it right....


This girl ar...ask her to send me a pic so i can put it on my blog, and she sent me this!! Super duper poser Jane!! haha and she told me she likes this pic coz it's as if she's looking towards God and the light is shining down on her hahahahah joker la u.

Jane, i'm Really Really blessed by your testimony. i still remember when i knew you last year, it would be a miracle to even get 5 words out of ur mouth in one sentence. You were SOOO quiet and timid and shy. But this year.... YOU HAVE GROWN a lot!! And as i told u, u've found out who you are in God, keep listening to Him for direction and what He wants you do in this campus were on :D

I remember putting Jane in charge of follow up and Cross talk at the beginning of the year. It was evident she was listening to the voice of God when she took it up. And i wasn't always there to follow up on her, coz i was busy with other things. But honestly she did more than i ever expected her to. Even without contant support from her leaders, she just kept doing what she was entrusted with without fail. How many people i know would have slowly let complacency and pride come in and lose the joy of serving?

And you know if you are faithfull with the small things, He's gonna give you bigger things. You inspire me Jane, and you are an example of someone who did things even though no one else was gonna do it with u. Keep it up!! Greater things are to comeeee....:D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home